A co-precipitation method was used for synthesis of pure MgTiO3 ceramic powder with Mg(NO3)2.6H2O, TiCl4 or C12H28O4Ti and NaOH as raw materials. In this method, solutions of 1 M, Mg (NO3)2 6H2O and 2 M, NaOH were prepared. A stoichiometric amount of Ti precursors from TiCl4 or C12H28O4Ti was weighted. Solutions of Mg (NO3)2. 6H2O and Ti precursor were added dropwise to NaOH solution under stirring.. The gelatinous white precipitate was calcinated at temperature range of 500-1000 °C. Moreover, the sintering process was performed at temperature range of 950-1350 °C. The results show that in the presence of TiCl4, pure MgTiO3 does not form, but using C12H28O4Ti, pure MgTiO3 with particle size less than 200 nm obtains at calcination temperature of 800 °C. Thus, the density of this sample is optimum (95% relative density) at a sintering temperature of 1050 °C and it has good dielectric properties including εr =16.2 and Q= 110000 GHz.
4. Huang, C.L., Chen, Y.B., Lee, M.L., "Influence of ZnO additions to 0.96 Mg0.95Co0.05TiO3 –0.04 SrTiO3 ceramics on sintering behavior and microwave dielectric properties", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 469, (2009), 357-361.
5. Kang, H., wang, L., Xue, D., "Synthesis of tetragonal flake like magnesium titanate nano crystallites", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 460, (2008), 160-163.
6. Bernard, J., Belnou, F., Houivet, D., "Synthesis of pure MgTiO3 by optimizing mixing/grinding condition of MgO + TiO2 powders", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 199, (2008), 150-155.
7. Tang, B., Zhang, S., Zhou, X.H., "Preparation of pure MgTiO3 powders and the effect of the ZnNb2O6-dope onto the property of MgTiO3-based ceramics", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 492, (2010), 461-465.
8. Pfaff, G., "Peroxide route for synthesis of magnesium titanate powders of various compositions", Ceramics International, 1994, 20:111-116.
9. Baek, J.G., Isobe, T., Senna, M., "Mechanochemical Effects on the Precursor Formation and Microwave Dielectric Characteristics of MgTiO3", Solid State Inonics, Vol. 90, (1996), 269-279.
10. Surendran, K.P., Wu, A.Y., Vilarinho, P.M., "Sol−Gel Synthesis of Low-Loss MgTiO3 Thin Films by a Non-Methoxyethanol Route", Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 20, (2008), 4260-4267.
11. Rajesh Kanna, R., Dhineshbabu, N., Paramasivam, R., "Synthesis of Geikielite (MgTiO3) Nanoparticles via Sol–Gel Method and Studies on their Structural and optical properties", Journal of Nanoscience and Nano Technology, Vol. 16, (2016), 7635-7641.
12. Miao, Y.M., Zhang, Q.L., Yang, H., "Low-temperature synthesis of nano-crystalline magnesium titanate materials by the sol–gel method", Materials Science and Engineering B, Vol. 128, (2006), 103-106.
13. Wu, H.T., Jiang, Y.S., Cui, Y.J., "Improvement in sintering behavior and microwave dielectric properties of giekielite type MgTiO3 Ceramics", Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 42, (2013), 445-451.
14. Li, D., Wang, L., Xue, D., "Strearic acid gel derived MgTiO3 nanoparticles: a Low temperature intermediate Phase of Mg2TiO4", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 492, (2010), 564-569.
15. Gaikwad, A.B., Navale, S.C., Samuel, V., "A co- precipitation technique to prepare BiNbO4, MgTiO3 and Mg4Ta2O9 powders", Materials Research Bulletin, Vol. 41, (2006), 347-353.
16. Cheng, H., Xu, B., Jiming, M.A., "Preparation of MgTiO3 by an improved chemical co-precipitation method" The Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 16, (1997), 1570-1572.
17. Parthasrathy, G., Manorama, S.V., "A novel method for synthesizing nano-crystalline MgTiO3 geikielite", Materials Research Bulletin, Vol. 30, (2007), 19-21.
18. Deng, Y.F., Tang, S., Qiang, D., Lao, L., "Synthesis of magnesium titanate nanocrystallites from cheap and water- soluble single source precursor", Inorganica Chimica Acta, Vol. 363, (2010), 827-829.
19. Stubicar, N., Tonjec, A., Stubicar, M., "Microstructural evolution of some MgO–TiO2 and MgO–Al2O3 powder mixtures during high-energy ball milling and post-annealing studied by X-ray diffraction", Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol.370, (2004), 296-301.
20. Hamada, K., Yamamoto, S., Senna, M., "Effects of milling raw materials and slurry concentration on the synthesis of magnesium titanate", Advanced Powder Technology , Vol. 11, (2000), 361-371.
21. Suresh, M.K., Thomas, J.K., Sreemoolanadhan, H.C., "Synthesis of nanocrystalline magnesium titanate by an auto-ignition combustion techniqure and its structural, spectrospic and dielectric properties", Materials Research Bulletin, Vol. 45, (2010) 761-765.
22. Wang, H., Yang, Q., Li, D., "Sintering behavior and microwave dielectric properties of MgTiO3 ceramic doped with B2O3 by sol-gel method", Journal of Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 28, (2012), 751-755.
23. Ferreira, V.M., Baptista, J.L., Preparation and microwave dielectric properties of pure and doped magnesium titanate ceramic, Materials Research Bulletin, Vol. 29, (1994), 1017-1023.
Nikzad, L., Majidian, H., Ghofrani, S., & Ebadzadeh, T. (2018). Synthesis of MgTiO3 Powder Via Co-Precipitation Method and Investigation of Sintering Behavior. Advanced Ceramics Progress, 4(1), 40-44. doi: 10.30501/acp.2018.90832
Leila Nikzad; Hudsa Majidian; Samaneh Ghofrani; Touraj Ebadzadeh. "Synthesis of MgTiO3 Powder Via Co-Precipitation Method and Investigation of Sintering Behavior". Advanced Ceramics Progress, 4, 1, 2018, 40-44. doi: 10.30501/acp.2018.90832
Nikzad, L., Majidian, H., Ghofrani, S., Ebadzadeh, T. (2018). 'Synthesis of MgTiO3 Powder Via Co-Precipitation Method and Investigation of Sintering Behavior', Advanced Ceramics Progress, 4(1), pp. 40-44. doi: 10.30501/acp.2018.90832
Nikzad, L., Majidian, H., Ghofrani, S., Ebadzadeh, T. Synthesis of MgTiO3 Powder Via Co-Precipitation Method and Investigation of Sintering Behavior. Advanced Ceramics Progress, 2018; 4(1): 40-44. doi: 10.30501/acp.2018.90832